Wednesday, January 12, 2011

jumper cables


feathers glistening crows watch us from their premium seats
cawing and rocking their amusement
heckling the fumbles of our human performance




The dead battery in a friend's car (the nongmobile!) prompted this stone. But I must admit the crows in Miyazaki are a bit scary. We caught one at the beach going through a girl's bag while she and her boyfriend were distracted just a few feet away on the sand. It had removed pretty much everything including her wallet. The kites at that beach are equally dangerous and famous for stealing the sandwich out of your hand as you attempt to put it in your mouth. No eating and walking at Aoshima if you value your hands and face.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that! 'Our human performance' probably needs more heckling than it gets. Really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO, not the NONG mobile! I hope it has recovered. As for the crows, I know they are a nuisance, but I do miss their early morning cawing, especially on moeru gomi day. It's one of the memorable sounds of Japan for me since it was the first sound I awoke to on my first ever visit in 2001. I can't help wondering what would happen to the food chain if they were completely eradicated, but I guess there's no danger of that just yet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails