Saturday, October 2, 2010

woohoo i'm famous



One of my favorite blogs for photography/reflective thoughts asked me to write a bit about "where i live". That is a perk about living abroad--people think it is exotic and want to know more. It was not easy to write because I have been here so long that so many things have become "normal" to me and I take them for granted. I tried to give a bit of insight into the Japan that I live in and if you want to take a look it is here: at mortal muses --who totally rock!!

I was humbled by what the other "guest muses" wrote about their hometowns and surroundings. They made them real and personal and I could really see, feel (and almost taste those cheese fries!) parts of their lives. I really struggled when I was writing because I couldn't decide if I should write about or *my* life in Japan or what. I ended up writing a bit of both and I am grateful for the kind and positive comments that I received. Justine said "...your journal is so interesting". She has come by here and indeed this is a journal rather than a "proper" blog that shows off an amazing life or specific ability. There are so many, many talented women working on the many projects at mortal muses. I am awed, daunted and inspired by their work. I am glad they are there. It is a bit lonely in Japan sometimes and it is easy anywhere to get stuck in the rut of the day to day slog and to forget the beauty that surrounds us. So thank you, creative women for your inspiration and your dedication to being more creative even when you are busy. Please keep up the good work.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED your post yesterday at mortal muses. Your photos were great and I definitely learned a little more about a different side of Japan than what I usually see. I wrote a guest post about NYC that you will be seeing over there later this month.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails